Subject: CVE-2024-44980: drm/xe: Fix opregion leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Fix opregion leak

Being part o the display, ideally the setup and cleanup would be done by
display itself. However this is a bigger refactor that needs to be done
on both i915 and xe. For now, just fix the leak:

unreferenced object 0xffff8881a0300008 (size 192):
  comm "modprobe", pid 4354, jiffies 4295647021
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 87 27 81 88 ff ff 18 80 9b 00 00 c9 ff ff  ...'............
    18 81 9b 00 00 c9 ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace (crc 99260e31):
    [<ffffffff823ce65b>] kmemleak_alloc+0x4b/0x80
    [<ffffffff81493be2>] kmalloc_trace_noprof+0x312/0x3d0
    [<ffffffffa1345679>] intel_opregion_setup+0x89/0x700 [xe]
    [<ffffffffa125bfaf>] xe_display_init_noirq+0x2f/0x90 [xe]
    [<ffffffffa1199ec3>] xe_device_probe+0x7a3/0xbf0 [xe]
    [<ffffffffa11f3713>] xe_pci_probe+0x333/0x5b0 [xe]
    [<ffffffff81af6be8>] local_pci_probe+0x48/0xb0
    [<ffffffff81af8778>] pci_device_probe+0xc8/0x280
    [<ffffffff81d09048>] really_probe+0xf8/0x390
    [<ffffffff81d0937a>] __driver_probe_device+0x8a/0x170
    [<ffffffff81d09503>] driver_probe_device+0x23/0xb0
    [<ffffffff81d097b7>] __driver_attach+0xc7/0x190
    [<ffffffff81d0628d>] bus_for_each_dev+0x7d/0xd0
    [<ffffffff81d0851e>] driver_attach+0x1e/0x30
    [<ffffffff81d07ac7>] bus_add_driver+0x117/0x250

(cherry picked from commit 6f4e43a2f771b737d991142ec4f6d4b7ff31fbb4)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44980 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 44e694958b95 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit f7ecdd9853dd
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 44e694958b95 and fixed in 6.11 with commit f4b2a0ae1a31

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44980
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/display/xe_display.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f7ecdd9853dd9f34e7cdfdadfb70b8f40644ebb4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f4b2a0ae1a31fd3d1b5ca18ee08319b479cf9b5f