Subject: CVE-2024-44940: fou: remove warn in gue_gro_receive on unsupported protocol

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fou: remove warn in gue_gro_receive on unsupported protocol

Drop the WARN_ON_ONCE inn gue_gro_receive if the encapsulated type is
not known or does not have a GRO handler.

Such a packet is easily constructed. Syzbot generates them and sets
off this warning.

Remove the warning as it is expected and not actionable.

The warning was previously reduced from WARN_ON to WARN_ON_ONCE in
commit 270136613bf7 ("fou: Do WARN_ON_ONCE in gue_gro_receive for bad
proto callbacks").

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44940 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 5a2e37bc648a
	Fixed in 6.6.47 with commit 3db4395332e7
	Fixed in 6.10.6 with commit 440ab7f97261
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit dd89a81d850f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44940
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/fou_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a2e37bc648a2503bf6d687aed27b9f4455d82eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3db4395332e7050ef9ddeb3052e6b5019f2a2a59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/440ab7f97261bc28501636a13998e1b1946d2e79
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd89a81d850fa9a65f67b4527c0e420d15bf836c