Subject: CVE-2024-44932: idpf: fix UAFs when destroying the queues

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

idpf: fix UAFs when destroying the queues

The second tagged commit started sometimes (very rarely, but possible)
throwing WARNs from
net/core/page_pool.c:page_pool_disable_direct_recycling().
Turned out idpf frees interrupt vectors with embedded NAPIs *before*
freeing the queues making page_pools' NAPI pointers lead to freed
memory before these pools are destroyed by libeth.
It's not clear whether there are other accesses to the freed vectors
when destroying the queues, but anyway, we usually free queue/interrupt
vectors only when the queues are destroyed and the NAPIs are guaranteed
to not be referenced anywhere.

Invert the allocation and freeing logic making queue/interrupt vectors
be allocated first and freed last. Vectors don't require queues to be
present, so this is safe. Additionally, this change allows to remove
that useless queue->q_vector pointer cleanup, as vectors are still
valid when freeing the queues (+ both are freed within one function,
so it's not clear why nullify the pointers at all).

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44932 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 1c325aac10a8 and fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 3cde714b0e77
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 1c325aac10a8 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 290f1c033281

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44932
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_lib.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3cde714b0e77206ed1b5cf31f28c18ba9ae946fd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/290f1c033281c1a502a3cd1c53c3a549259c491f