Subject: CVE-2024-43886: drm/amd/display: Add null check in resource_log_pipe_topology_update

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add null check in resource_log_pipe_topology_update

[WHY]
When switching from "Extend" to "Second Display Only" we sometimes
call resource_get_otg_master_for_stream on a stream for the eDP,
which is disconnected. This leads to a null pointer dereference.

[HOW]
Added a null check in dc_resource.c/resource_log_pipe_topology_update.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43886 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit c36e922a36bd
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 899d92fd26fe

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43886
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c36e922a36bdf69765c340a0857ca74092003bee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/899d92fd26fe780aad711322aa671f68058207a6