Subject: CVE-2024-43884: Bluetooth: MGMT: Add error handling to pair_device()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: MGMT: Add error handling to pair_device()

hci_conn_params_add() never checks for a NULL value and could lead to a NULL
pointer dereference causing a crash.

Fixed by adding error handling in the function.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43884 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 4.19.321 with commit 11b4b0e63f26
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 5.4.283 with commit 90e1ff1c15e5
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit 9df9783bd856
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 951d6cb5eaac
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 5da288429232
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 064dd929c765
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit ee0799103b1a
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit 5157b8a503fa and fixed in 6.11 with commit 538fd3921afa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43884
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/mgmt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/11b4b0e63f2621b33b2e107407a7d67a65994ca1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/90e1ff1c15e5a8f3023ca8266e3a85869ed03ee9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9df9783bd85610d3d6e126a1aca221531f6f6dcb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/951d6cb5eaac5130d076c728f2a6db420621afdb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5da2884292329bc9be32a7778e0e119f06abe503
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/064dd929c76532359d2905d90a7c12348043cfd4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee0799103b1ae4bcfd80dc11a15df085f6ee1b61
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/538fd3921afac97158d4177139a0ad39f056dbb2