Subject: CVE-2024-43864: net/mlx5e: Fix CT entry update leaks of modify header context

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5e: Fix CT entry update leaks of modify header context

The cited commit allocates a new modify header to replace the old
one when updating CT entry. But if failed to allocate a new one, eg.
exceed the max number firmware can support, modify header will be
an error pointer that will trigger a panic when deallocating it. And
the old modify header point is copied to old attr. When the old
attr is freed, the old modify header is lost.

Fix it by restoring the old attr to attr when failed to allocate a
new modify header context. So when the CT entry is freed, the right
modify header context will be freed. And the panic of accessing
error pointer is also fixed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43864 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 94ceffb48eac and fixed in 6.6.45 with commit daab2cc17b6b
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 94ceffb48eac and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 89064d09c56b
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 94ceffb48eac and fixed in 6.11 with commit 025f2b85a5e5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43864
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tc_ct.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/daab2cc17b6b6ab158566bba037e9551fd432b59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/89064d09c56b44c668509bf793c410484f63f5ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/025f2b85a5e5a46df14ecf162c3c80a957a36d0b