Subject: CVE-2024-43858: jfs: Fix array-index-out-of-bounds in diFree

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

jfs: Fix array-index-out-of-bounds in diFree

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43858 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 55b732c8b09b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 9b3a4345957f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 538a27c8048f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 63f7fdf733ad
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 8d8f9a477de0
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit ff14eadc2786
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 6aa6892a90a5
	Issue introduced in 2.6.12 with commit 1da177e4c3f4 and fixed in 6.11 with commit f73f969b2eb3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43858
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/jfs/jfs_imap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55b732c8b09b41148eaab2fa8e31b0af47671e00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9b3a4345957f5372041bc4f59de322f62653e862
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/538a27c8048f081a5ddd286f886eb986fbbc7f80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/63f7fdf733add82f126ea00e2e48f6eba15ac4b9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8d8f9a477de0d7962342eedf2a599215b7c63d28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff14eadc278663cac69d57d3ca7fb2f394e1f8a7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6aa6892a90a5a7fabffe5692ab9f06a7a46c6e42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f73f969b2eb39ad8056f6c7f3a295fa2f85e313a