Subject: CVE-2024-42301: dev/parport: fix the array out-of-bounds risk

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

dev/parport: fix the array out-of-bounds risk

Fixed array out-of-bounds issues caused by sprintf
by replacing it with snprintf for safer data copying,
ensuring the destination buffer is not overflowed.

Below is the stack trace I encountered during the actual issue:

[ 66.575408s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,4]Kernel panic - not syncing: stack-protector:
Kernel stack is corrupted in: do_hardware_base_addr+0xcc/0xd0 [parport]
[ 66.575408s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,5]CPU: 4 PID: 5118 Comm:
QThread Tainted: G S W O 5.10.97-arm64-desktop #7100.57021.2
[ 66.575439s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,6]TGID: 5087 Comm: EFileApp
[ 66.575439s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,7]Hardware name: HUAWEI HUAWEI QingYun
PGUX-W515x-B081/SP1PANGUXM, BIOS 1.00.07 04/29/2024
[ 66.575439s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,8]Call trace:
[ 66.575469s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,9] dump_backtrace+0x0/0x1c0
[ 66.575469s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,0] show_stack+0x14/0x20
[ 66.575469s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,1] dump_stack+0xd4/0x10c
[ 66.575500s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,2] panic+0x1d8/0x3bc
[ 66.575500s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,3] __stack_chk_fail+0x2c/0x38
[ 66.575500s] [pid:5118,cpu4,QThread,4] do_hardware_base_addr+0xcc/0xd0 [parport]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42301 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 166a0bddcc27
	Fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 47b3dce10077
	Fixed in 5.10.224 with commit a44f88f7576b
	Fixed in 5.15.165 with commit c719b393374d
	Fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 7f4da759092a
	Fixed in 6.6.44 with commit b579ea3516c3
	Fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 7789a1d6792a
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit ab11dac93d2d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42301
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/parport/procfs.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/166a0bddcc27de41fe13f861c8348e8e53e988c8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/47b3dce100778001cd76f7e9188944b5cb27a76d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a44f88f7576bc1916d8d6293f5c62fbe7cbe03e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c719b393374d3763e64900ee19aaed767d5a08d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f4da759092a1a6ce35fb085182d02de8cc4cc84
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b579ea3516c371ecf59d073772bc45dfd28c8a0e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7789a1d6792af410aa9b39a1eb237ed24fa2170a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ab11dac93d2d568d151b1918d7b84c2d02bacbd5