Subject: CVE-2024-42298: ASoC: fsl: fsl_qmc_audio: Check devm_kasprintf() returned value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: fsl: fsl_qmc_audio: Check devm_kasprintf() returned value

devm_kasprintf() can return a NULL pointer on failure but this returned
value is not checked.

Fix this lack and check the returned value.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42298 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 075c7125b11c and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit b4205dfcfe96
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 075c7125b11c and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit af466037fa2b
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 075c7125b11c and fixed in 6.11 with commit e62599902327

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42298
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/fsl/fsl_qmc_audio.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4205dfcfe96182118e54343954827eda51b2135
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/af466037fa2b263e8ea5c47285513d2487e17d90
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e62599902327d27687693f6e5253a5d56583db58