Subject: CVE-2024-42285: RDMA/iwcm: Fix a use-after-free related to destroying CM IDs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

RDMA/iwcm: Fix a use-after-free related to destroying CM IDs

iw_conn_req_handler() associates a new struct rdma_id_private (conn_id) with
an existing struct iw_cm_id (cm_id) as follows:

        conn_id->cm_id.iw = cm_id;
        cm_id->context = conn_id;
        cm_id->cm_handler = cma_iw_handler;

rdma_destroy_id() frees both the cm_id and the struct rdma_id_private. Make
sure that cm_work_handler() does not trigger a use-after-free by only
freeing of the struct rdma_id_private after all pending work has finished.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42285 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit d91d253c87fd
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 7f25f296fc9b
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 94ee7ff99b87
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 557d035fe88d
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit dc8074b8901c
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit ff5bbbdee082
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit ee39384ee787
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 59c68ac31e15 and fixed in 6.11 with commit aee2424246f9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42285
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/core/iwcm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d91d253c87fd1efece521ff2612078a35af673c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f25f296fc9bd0435be14e89bf657cd615a23574
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94ee7ff99b87435ec63211f632918dc7f44dac79
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/557d035fe88d78dd51664f4dc0e1896c04c97cf6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc8074b8901caabb97c2d353abd6b4e7fa5a59a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff5bbbdee08287d75d72e65b72a2b76d9637892a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee39384ee787e86e9db4efb843818ef0ea9cb8ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aee2424246f9f1dadc33faa78990c1e2eb7826e4