Subject: CVE-2024-42284: tipc: Return non-zero value from tipc_udp_addr2str() on error

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

tipc: Return non-zero value from tipc_udp_addr2str() on error

tipc_udp_addr2str() should return non-zero value if the UDP media
address is invalid. Otherwise, a buffer overflow access can occur in
tipc_media_addr_printf(). Fix this by returning 1 on an invalid UDP
media address.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42284 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 7ec3335dd89c
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 253405541be2
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit aa38bf74899d
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 5eea12767545
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 728734352743
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 76ddf84a52f0
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 2abe350db1aa
	Issue introduced in 4.1 with commit d0f91938bede and fixed in 6.11 with commit fa96c6baef1b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42284
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/tipc/udp_media.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ec3335dd89c8d169e9650e4bac64fde71fdf15b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/253405541be2f15ffebdeac2f4cf4b7e9144d12f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa38bf74899de07cf70b50cd17f8ad45fb6654c8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5eea127675450583680c8170358bcba43227bd69
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/728734352743a78b4c5a7285b282127696a4a813
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/76ddf84a52f0d8ec3f5db6ccce08faf202a17d28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2abe350db1aa599eeebc6892237d0bce0f1de62a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa96c6baef1b5385e2f0c0677b32b3839e716076