Subject: CVE-2024-42268: net/mlx5: Fix missing lock on sync reset reload

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5: Fix missing lock on sync reset reload

On sync reset reload work, when remote host updates devlink on reload
actions performed on that host, it misses taking devlink lock before
calling devlink_remote_reload_actions_performed() which results in
triggering lock assert like the following:

WARNING: CPU: 4 PID: 1164 at net/devlink/core.c:261 devl_assert_locked+0x3e/0x50
…
 CPU: 4 PID: 1164 Comm: kworker/u96:6 Tainted: G S      W          6.10.0-rc2+ #116
 Hardware name: Supermicro SYS-2028TP-DECTR/X10DRT-PT, BIOS 2.0 12/18/2015
 Workqueue: mlx5_fw_reset_events mlx5_sync_reset_reload_work [mlx5_core]
 RIP: 0010:devl_assert_locked+0x3e/0x50
…
 Call Trace:
  <TASK>
  ? __warn+0xa4/0x210
  ? devl_assert_locked+0x3e/0x50
  ? report_bug+0x160/0x280
  ? handle_bug+0x3f/0x80
  ? exc_invalid_op+0x17/0x40
  ? asm_exc_invalid_op+0x1a/0x20
  ? devl_assert_locked+0x3e/0x50
  devlink_notify+0x88/0x2b0
  ? mlx5_attach_device+0x20c/0x230 [mlx5_core]
  ? __pfx_devlink_notify+0x10/0x10
  ? process_one_work+0x4b6/0xbb0
  process_one_work+0x4b6/0xbb0
[…]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42268 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 84a433a40d0e and fixed in 6.1.104 with commit 5d07d1d40aab
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 84a433a40d0e and fixed in 6.6.45 with commit 98884e89c90d
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 84a433a40d0e and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 091268f3c27a
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 84a433a40d0e and fixed in 6.11 with commit 572f9caa9e72

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42268
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fw_reset.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d07d1d40aabfd61bab21115639bd4f641db6002
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98884e89c90d077f6fe6ba18e6cf6f914642f04e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/091268f3c27a5b6d7858a3bb2a0dbcc9cd26ddb5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/572f9caa9e7295f8c8822e4122c7ae8f1c412ff9