Subject: CVE-2024-42261: drm/v3d: Validate passed in drm syncobj handles in the timestamp extension

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Validate passed in drm syncobj handles in the timestamp extension

If userspace provides an unknown or invalid handle anywhere in the handle
array the rest of the driver will not handle that well.

Fix it by checking handle was looked up successfully or otherwise fail the
extension by jumping into the existing unwind.

(cherry picked from commit 8d1276d1b8f738c3afe1457d4dff5cc66fc848a3)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42261 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 9ba0ff3e083f and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 5c56f104edd0
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 9ba0ff3e083f and fixed in 6.11 with commit 023d22e8bb0c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42261
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c56f104edd02a537e9327dc543574e55713e1d7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/023d22e8bb0cdd6900382ad1ed06df3b6c2ea791