Subject: CVE-2024-42247: wireguard: allowedips: avoid unaligned 64-bit memory accesses

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wireguard: allowedips: avoid unaligned 64-bit memory accesses

On the parisc platform, the kernel issues kernel warnings because
swap_endian() tries to load a 128-bit IPv6 address from an unaligned
memory location:

 Kernel: unaligned access to 0x55f4688c in wg_allowedips_insert_v6+0x2c/0x80 [wireguard] (iir 0xf3010df)
 Kernel: unaligned access to 0x55f46884 in wg_allowedips_insert_v6+0x38/0x80 [wireguard] (iir 0xf2010dc)

Avoid such unaligned memory accesses by instead using the
get_unaligned_be64() helper macro.

[Jason: replace src[8] in original patch with src+8]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42247 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 5.10.222 with commit ae630de24efb
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 5.15.163 with commit b4764f0ad3d6
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.1.100 with commit 217978a29c6c
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit 6638a203abad
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit 2fb34bf76431
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit e7096c131e51 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 948f991c62a4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42247
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireguard/allowedips.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ae630de24efb123d7199a43256396d7758f4cb75
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4764f0ad3d68de8a0b847c05f427afb86dd54e6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/217978a29c6ceca76d3c640bf94bdf50c268d801
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6638a203abad35fa636d59ac47bdbc4bc100fd74
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2fb34bf76431e831f9863cd59adc0bd1f67b0fbf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/948f991c62a4018fb81d85804eeab3029c6209f8