Subject: CVE-2024-42227: drm/amd/display: Fix overlapping copy within dml_core_mode_programming

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix overlapping copy within dml_core_mode_programming

[WHY]
&mode_lib->mp.Watermark and &locals->Watermark are
the same address. memcpy may lead to unexpected behavior.

[HOW]
memmove should be used.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42227 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 9342da15f249
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit f1fd8a0a54e6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42227
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/display_mode_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9342da15f2491d8600eca89c8e0da08876fb969b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f1fd8a0a54e6d23a6d16ee29159f247862460fd1