Subject: CVE-2024-42157: s390/pkey: Wipe sensitive data on failure

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/pkey: Wipe sensitive data on failure

Wipe sensitive data from stack also if the copy_to_user() fails.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42157 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.318 with commit 6e2e374403bf
	Fixed in 5.4.280 with commit b5eb9176ebd4
	Fixed in 5.10.222 with commit 93c034c4314b
	Fixed in 5.15.163 with commit 4889f117755b
	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit c51795885c80
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 90a01aefb84b
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c44a2151e5d2
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 1d8c270de5eb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42157
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/s390/crypto/pkey_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e2e374403bf73140d0efc9541cb1b3bea55ac02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b5eb9176ebd4697bc248bf8d145e66d782cf5250
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/93c034c4314bc4c4450a3869cd5da298502346ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4889f117755b2f18c23045a0f57977f3ec130581
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c51795885c801b6b7e976717e0d6d45b1e5be0f0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/90a01aefb84b09ccb6024d75d85bb8f620bd3487
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c44a2151e5d21c66b070a056c26471f30719b575
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1d8c270de5eb74245d72325d285894a577a945d9