Subject: CVE-2024-42130: nfc/nci: Add the inconsistency check between the input data length and count

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nfc/nci: Add the inconsistency check between the input data length and count

write$nci(r0, &(0x7f0000000740)=ANY=[@ANYBLOB="610501"], 0xf)

Syzbot constructed a write() call with a data length of 3 bytes but a count value
of 15, which passed too little data to meet the basic requirements of the function
nci_rf_intf_activated_ntf_packet().

Therefore, increasing the comparison between data length and count value to avoid
problems caused by inconsistent data length and count.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42130 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.163 with commit f07bcd8bba80
	Fixed in 6.1.98 with commit 41f5e2840cd0
	Fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 056478b4321b
	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 22a72c1c10f4
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit 068648aab72c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42130
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nfc/virtual_ncidev.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f07bcd8bba803c9e6ad2048543185d6c56587a2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41f5e2840cd0629f049ce5ce2f8dd10a8299de42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/056478b4321b36ca33567089d39ac992f6c9c37a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22a72c1c10f43ca645a98725e0faff34592f4d08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/068648aab72c9ba7b0597354ef4d81ffaac7b979