Subject: CVE-2024-42129: leds: mlxreg: Use devm_mutex_init() for mutex initialization

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

leds: mlxreg: Use devm_mutex_init() for mutex initialization

In this driver LEDs are registered using devm_led_classdev_register()
so they are automatically unregistered after module's remove() is done.
led_classdev_unregister() calls module's led_set_brightness() to turn off
the LEDs and that callback uses mutex which was destroyed already
in module's remove() so use devm API instead.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42129 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.9 with commit 3b62888307ae
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit efc347b9efee

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42129
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/leds/leds-mlxreg.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b62888307ae44b68512d3f7735c26a4c8e45b51
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/efc347b9efee1c2b081f5281d33be4559fa50a16