Subject: CVE-2024-42095: serial: 8250_omap: Implementation of Errata i2310

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

serial: 8250_omap: Implementation of Errata i2310

As per Errata i2310[0], Erroneous timeout can be triggered,
if this Erroneous interrupt is not cleared then it may leads
to storm of interrupts, therefore apply Errata i2310 solution.

[0] https://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/sprz536 page 23

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42095 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10.50 with commit 9443acbd251f and fixed in 5.10.221 with commit cb8793006698
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b67e830d38fa and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 87257a28271c
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b67e830d38fa and fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 98840e410d53
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b67e830d38fa and fixed in 6.6.37 with commit e67d7f38008e
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b67e830d38fa and fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 6270051f6560
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit b67e830d38fa and fixed in 6.10 with commit 9d141c1e6157
	Issue introduced in 5.12.17 with commit bf1bcca53c35
	Issue introduced in 5.13.2 with commit ed87ec89b7f6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42095
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_omap.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cb879300669881970eabebe64bd509dbbe42b9de
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/87257a28271c828a98f762bf2dd803c1793d2b5b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98840e410d53329f5331ecdce095e740791963d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e67d7f38008e56fb691b6a72cadf16c107c2f48b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6270051f656004ca5cde644c73cb1fa4d718792e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d141c1e615795eeb93cd35501ad144ee997a826