Subject: CVE-2024-41064: powerpc/eeh: avoid possible crash when edev->pdev changes

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/eeh: avoid possible crash when edev->pdev changes

If a PCI device is removed during eeh_pe_report_edev(), edev->pdev
will change and can cause a crash, hold the PCI rescan/remove lock
while taking a copy of edev->pdev->bus.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41064 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.281 with commit 8836e1bf5838
	Fixed in 5.10.223 with commit 033c51dfdbb6
	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit 4fad7fef847b
	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit 4bc246d2d60d
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit f23c3d1ca9c4
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 428d940a8b6b
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit a1216e62d039

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41064
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_pe.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8836e1bf5838ac6c08760e0a2dd7cf6410aa7ff3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/033c51dfdbb6b79ab43fb3587276fa82d0a329e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4fad7fef847b6028475dd7b4c14fcb82b3e51274
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4bc246d2d60d071314842fa448faa4ed39082aff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f23c3d1ca9c4b2d626242a4e7e1ec1770447f7b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/428d940a8b6b3350b282c14d3f63350bde65c48b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1216e62d039bf63a539bbe718536ec789a853dd