Subject: CVE-2024-41046: net: ethernet: lantiq_etop: fix double free in detach

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ethernet: lantiq_etop: fix double free in detach

The number of the currently released descriptor is never incremented
which results in the same skb being released multiple times.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41046 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 4.19.318 with commit 1a2db00a554c
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 5.4.280 with commit 907443174e76
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 5.10.222 with commit 22b16618a808
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 5.15.163 with commit 69ad5fa0ce7c
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 6.1.100 with commit c2b66e2b3939
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit 9d23909ae041
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit 84aaaa796a19
	Issue introduced in 3.0 with commit 504d4721ee8e and fixed in 6.10 with commit e1533b6319ab

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41046
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/lantiq_etop.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1a2db00a554cfda57c397cce79b2804bf9633fec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/907443174e76b854d28024bd079f0e53b94dc9a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22b16618a80858b3a9d607708444426948cc4ae1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69ad5fa0ce7c548262e0770fc2b726fe7ab4f156
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c2b66e2b3939af63699e4a4bd25a8ac4a9b1d1b3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d23909ae041761cb2aa0c3cb1748598d8b6bc54
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/84aaaa796a19195fc59290154fef9aeb1fba964f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1533b6319ab9c3a97dad314dd88b3783bc41b69