Subject: CVE-2024-41019: fs/ntfs3: Validate ff offset

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fs/ntfs3: Validate ff offset

This adds sanity checks for ff offset. There is a check
on rt->first_free at first, but walking through by ff
without any check. If the second ff is a large offset.
We may encounter an out-of-bound read.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41019 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit 35652dfa8cc9
	Fixed in 6.1.102 with commit 818a25742864
	Fixed in 6.6.43 with commit 6ae7265a7b81
	Fixed in 6.9.12 with commit 82c94e6a7bd1
	Fixed in 6.10.2 with commit 617cf144c206
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 50c47879650b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41019
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ntfs3/fslog.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/35652dfa8cc9a8a900ec0f1e0395781f94ffc5f0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/818a257428644b8873e79c44404d8fb6598d4440
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ae7265a7b816879fd0203e83b5030d3720bbb7a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82c94e6a7bd116724738aa67eba6f5fedf3a3319
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/617cf144c206f98978ec730b17159344fd147cb4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50c47879650b4c97836a0086632b3a2e300b0f06