Subject: CVE-2024-40933: iio: temperature: mlx90635: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in mlx90635_probe()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iio: temperature: mlx90635: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in mlx90635_probe()

When devm_regmap_init_i2c() fails, regmap_ee could be error pointer,
instead of checking for IS_ERR(regmap_ee), regmap is checked which looks
like a copy paste error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40933 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit a1d1ba5e1c28 and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit 5a5595ae8cc7
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit a1d1ba5e1c28 and fixed in 6.10 with commit a23c14b062d8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40933
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iio/temperature/mlx90635.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a5595ae8cc7cdaa1a10b56a26ddbe3429245c6c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a23c14b062d8800a2192077d83273bbfe6c7552d