Subject: CVE-2024-39507: net: hns3: fix kernel crash problem in concurrent scenario

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: hns3: fix kernel crash problem in concurrent scenario

When link status change, the nic driver need to notify the roce
driver to handle this event, but at this time, the roce driver
may uninit, then cause kernel crash.

To fix the problem, when link status change, need to check
whether the roce registered, and when uninit, need to wait link
update finish.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39507 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 45e92b7e4e27 and fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 62b5dfb67bfa
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 45e92b7e4e27 and fixed in 6.1.95 with commit 6d0007f7b69d
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 45e92b7e4e27 and fixed in 6.6.35 with commit 689de7c3bfc7
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 45e92b7e4e27 and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit b2c5024b771c
	Issue introduced in 5.1 with commit 45e92b7e4e27 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 12cda920212a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39507
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns3/hns3pf/hclge_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/62b5dfb67bfa8bd0301bf3442004563495f9ee48
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d0007f7b69d684879a0f598a042e40244d3cf63
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/689de7c3bfc7d47e0eacc641c4ce4a0f579aeefa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b2c5024b771cd1dd8175d5f6949accfadbab7edd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/12cda920212a49fa22d9e8b9492ac4ea013310a4