Subject: CVE-2024-39504: netfilter: nft_inner: validate mandatory meta and payload

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nft_inner: validate mandatory meta and payload

Check for mandatory netlink attributes in payload and meta expression
when used embedded from the inner expression, otherwise NULL pointer
dereference is possible from userspace.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-39504 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 3a07327d10a0 and fixed in 6.6.35 with commit b30669fdea0c
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 3a07327d10a0 and fixed in 6.9.6 with commit 39323f54cad2
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 3a07327d10a0 and fixed in 6.10 with commit c4ab9da85b9d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-39504
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nft_meta.c
	net/netfilter/nft_payload.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b30669fdea0ca03aa22995e6c99f7e7d9dee89ff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/39323f54cad29602917848346c71b087da92a19d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4ab9da85b9df3692f861512fe6c9812f38b7471