Subject: CVE-2024-50076: vt: prevent kernel-infoleak in con_font_get()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

vt: prevent kernel-infoleak in con_font_get()

font.data may not initialize all memory spaces depending on the implementation
of vc->vc_sw->con_font_get. This may cause info-leak, so to prevent this, it
is safest to modify it to initialize the allocated memory space to 0, and it
generally does not affect the overall performance of the system.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50076 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 05e2600cb0a4 and fixed in 6.6.58 with commit dc2d5f02636c
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 05e2600cb0a4 and fixed in 6.11.5 with commit adb1f312f38f
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 05e2600cb0a4 and fixed in 6.12-rc4 with commit f956052e00de

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50076
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/tty/vt/vt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc2d5f02636c7587bdd6d1f60fc59c55860b00a4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/adb1f312f38f0d2c928ceaff089262798cc260b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f956052e00de211b5c9ebaa1958366c23f82ee9e