Subject: CVE-2024-50034: net/smc: fix lacks of icsk_syn_mss with IPPROTO_SMC

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/smc: fix lacks of icsk_syn_mss with IPPROTO_SMC

Eric report a panic on IPPROTO_SMC, and give the facts
that when INET_PROTOSW_ICSK was set, icsk->icsk_sync_mss must be set too.

Bug: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
0000000000000000
Mem abort info:
ESR = 0x0000000086000005
EC = 0x21: IABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits
SET = 0, FnV = 0
EA = 0, S1PTW = 0
FSC = 0x05: level 1 translation fault
user pgtable: 4k pages, 48-bit VAs, pgdp=00000001195d1000
[0000000000000000] pgd=0800000109c46003, p4d=0800000109c46003,
pud=0000000000000000
Internal error: Oops: 0000000086000005 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 UID: 0 PID: 8037 Comm: syz.3.265 Not tainted
6.11.0-rc7-syzkaller-g5f5673607153 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine,
BIOS Google 08/06/2024
pstate: 80400005 (Nzcv daif +PAN -UAO -TCO -DIT -SSBS BTYPE=--)
pc : 0x0
lr : cipso_v4_sock_setattr+0x2a8/0x3c0 net/ipv4/cipso_ipv4.c:1910
sp : ffff80009b887a90
x29: ffff80009b887aa0 x28: ffff80008db94050 x27: 0000000000000000
x26: 1fffe0001aa6f5b3 x25: dfff800000000000 x24: ffff0000db75da00
x23: 0000000000000000 x22: ffff0000d8b78518 x21: 0000000000000000
x20: ffff0000d537ad80 x19: ffff0000d8b78000 x18: 1fffe000366d79ee
x17: ffff8000800614a8 x16: ffff800080569b84 x15: 0000000000000001
x14: 000000008b336894 x13: 00000000cd96feaa x12: 0000000000000003
x11: 0000000000040000 x10: 00000000000020a3 x9 : 1fffe0001b16f0f1
x8 : 0000000000000000 x7 : 0000000000000000 x6 : 000000000000003f
x5 : 0000000000000040 x4 : 0000000000000001 x3 : 0000000000000000
x2 : 0000000000000002 x1 : 0000000000000000 x0 : ffff0000d8b78000
Call trace:
0x0
netlbl_sock_setattr+0x2e4/0x338 net/netlabel/netlabel_kapi.c:1000
smack_netlbl_add+0xa4/0x154 security/smack/smack_lsm.c:2593
smack_socket_post_create+0xa8/0x14c security/smack/smack_lsm.c:2973
security_socket_post_create+0x94/0xd4 security/security.c:4425
__sock_create+0x4c8/0x884 net/socket.c:1587
sock_create net/socket.c:1622 [inline]
__sys_socket_create net/socket.c:1659 [inline]
__sys_socket+0x134/0x340 net/socket.c:1706
__do_sys_socket net/socket.c:1720 [inline]
__se_sys_socket net/socket.c:1718 [inline]
__arm64_sys_socket+0x7c/0x94 net/socket.c:1718
__invoke_syscall arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:35 [inline]
invoke_syscall+0x98/0x2b8 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:49
el0_svc_common+0x130/0x23c arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:132
do_el0_svc+0x48/0x58 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:151
el0_svc+0x54/0x168 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:712
el0t_64_sync_handler+0x84/0xfc arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:730
el0t_64_sync+0x190/0x194 arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S:598
Code: ???????? ???????? ???????? ???????? (????????)
---[ end trace 0000000000000000 ]---

This patch add a toy implementation that performs a simple return to
prevent such panic. This is because MSS can be set in sock_create_kern
or smc_setsockopt, similar to how it's done in AF_SMC. However, for
AF_SMC, there is currently no way to synchronize MSS within
__sys_connect_file. This toy implementation lays the groundwork for us
to support such feature for IPPROTO_SMC in the future.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50034 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit d25a92ccae6b and fixed in 6.11.4 with commit 44dc50df15f5
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit d25a92ccae6b and fixed in 6.12-rc3 with commit 6fd27ea183c2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50034
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/smc/smc_inet.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/44dc50df15f5bd4221d8f708885a9d49cda7f57e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6fd27ea183c208e478129a85e11d880fc70040f2