Subject: CVE-2024-49968: ext4: filesystems without casefold feature cannot be mounted with siphash

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ext4: filesystems without casefold feature cannot be mounted with siphash

When mounting the ext4 filesystem, if the default hash version is set to
DX_HASH_SIPHASH but the casefold feature is not set, exit the mounting.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49968 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit e1373903db6c
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 985b67cd8639

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49968
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ext4/super.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e1373903db6c4ac994de0d18076280ad88e12dee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/985b67cd86392310d9e9326de941c22fc9340eec