Subject: CVE-2024-49950: Bluetooth: L2CAP: Fix uaf in l2cap_connect

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: L2CAP: Fix uaf in l2cap_connect

[Syzbot reported]
BUG: KASAN: slab-use-after-free in l2cap_connect.constprop.0+0x10d8/0x1270 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:3949
Read of size 8 at addr ffff8880241e9800 by task kworker/u9:0/54

CPU: 0 UID: 0 PID: 54 Comm: kworker/u9:0 Not tainted 6.11.0-rc6-syzkaller-00268-g788220eee30d #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 08/06/2024
Workqueue: hci2 hci_rx_work
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:93 [inline]
 dump_stack_lvl+0x116/0x1f0 lib/dump_stack.c:119
 print_address_description mm/kasan/report.c:377 [inline]
 print_report+0xc3/0x620 mm/kasan/report.c:488
 kasan_report+0xd9/0x110 mm/kasan/report.c:601
 l2cap_connect.constprop.0+0x10d8/0x1270 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:3949
 l2cap_connect_req net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:4080 [inline]
 l2cap_bredr_sig_cmd net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:4772 [inline]
 l2cap_sig_channel net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:5543 [inline]
 l2cap_recv_frame+0xf0b/0x8eb0 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:6825
 l2cap_recv_acldata+0x9b4/0xb70 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:7514
 hci_acldata_packet net/bluetooth/hci_core.c:3791 [inline]
 hci_rx_work+0xaab/0x1610 net/bluetooth/hci_core.c:4028
 process_one_work+0x9c5/0x1b40 kernel/workqueue.c:3231
 process_scheduled_works kernel/workqueue.c:3312 [inline]
 worker_thread+0x6c8/0xed0 kernel/workqueue.c:3389
 kthread+0x2c1/0x3a0 kernel/kthread.c:389
 ret_from_fork+0x45/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244
...

Freed by task 5245:
 kasan_save_stack+0x33/0x60 mm/kasan/common.c:47
 kasan_save_track+0x14/0x30 mm/kasan/common.c:68
 kasan_save_free_info+0x3b/0x60 mm/kasan/generic.c:579
 poison_slab_object+0xf7/0x160 mm/kasan/common.c:240
 __kasan_slab_free+0x32/0x50 mm/kasan/common.c:256
 kasan_slab_free include/linux/kasan.h:184 [inline]
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:2256 [inline]
 slab_free mm/slub.c:4477 [inline]
 kfree+0x12a/0x3b0 mm/slub.c:4598
 l2cap_conn_free net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:1810 [inline]
 kref_put include/linux/kref.h:65 [inline]
 l2cap_conn_put net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:1822 [inline]
 l2cap_conn_del+0x59d/0x730 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:1802
 l2cap_connect_cfm+0x9e6/0xf80 net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c:7241
 hci_connect_cfm include/net/bluetooth/hci_core.h:1960 [inline]
 hci_conn_failed+0x1c3/0x370 net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:1265
 hci_abort_conn_sync+0x75a/0xb50 net/bluetooth/hci_sync.c:5583
 abort_conn_sync+0x197/0x360 net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:2917
 hci_cmd_sync_work+0x1a4/0x410 net/bluetooth/hci_sync.c:328
 process_one_work+0x9c5/0x1b40 kernel/workqueue.c:3231
 process_scheduled_works kernel/workqueue.c:3312 [inline]
 worker_thread+0x6c8/0xed0 kernel/workqueue.c:3389
 kthread+0x2c1/0x3a0 kernel/kthread.c:389
 ret_from_fork+0x45/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49950 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit 7b064edae38d and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit b90907696c30
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit 7b064edae38d and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 78d30ce16fdf
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit 7b064edae38d and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit a1c6174e23df
	Issue introduced in 3.8 with commit 7b064edae38d and fixed in 6.12-rc2 with commit 333b4fd11e89

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49950
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_core.c
	net/bluetooth/hci_event.c
	net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b90907696c30172b809aa3dd2f0caffae761e4c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/78d30ce16fdf9c301bcd8b83ce613cea079cea83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1c6174e23df10b8e5770e82d63bc6e2118a3dc7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/333b4fd11e89b29c84c269123f871883a30be586