Subject: CVE-2024-49931: wifi: ath12k: fix array out-of-bound access in SoC stats

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix array out-of-bound access in SoC stats

Currently, the ath12k_soc_dp_stats::hal_reo_error array is defined with a
maximum size of DP_REO_DST_RING_MAX. However, the ath12k_dp_rx_process()
function access ath12k_soc_dp_stats::hal_reo_error using the REO
destination SRNG ring ID, which is incorrect. SRNG ring ID differ from
normal ring ID, and this usage leads to out-of-bounds array access. To
fix this issue, modify ath12k_dp_rx_process() to use the normal ring ID
directly instead of the SRNG ring ID to avoid out-of-bounds array access.

Tested-on: QCN9274 hw2.0 PCI WLAN.WBE.1.0.1-00029-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49931 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.55 with commit d0e4274d9dc9
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit a4aef827a41c
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit ad791e3ec60c
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e106b7ad13c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49931
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/dp_rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0e4274d9dc9f8409d56d622cd3ecf7b6fd49e2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a4aef827a41cdaf6201bbaf773c1eae4e20e967b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad791e3ec60cb66c1e4dc121ffbf872df312427d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e106b7ad13c1d246adaa57df73edb8f8b8acb240