Subject: CVE-2024-49930: wifi: ath11k: fix array out-of-bound access in SoC stats

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath11k: fix array out-of-bound access in SoC stats

Currently, the ath11k_soc_dp_stats::hal_reo_error array is defined with a
maximum size of DP_REO_DST_RING_MAX. However, the ath11k_dp_process_rx()
function access ath11k_soc_dp_stats::hal_reo_error using the REO
destination SRNG ring ID, which is incorrect. SRNG ring ID differ from
normal ring ID, and this usage leads to out-of-bounds array access. To fix
this issue, modify ath11k_dp_process_rx() to use the normal ring ID
directly instead of the SRNG ring ID to avoid out-of-bounds array access.

Tested-on: QCN9074 hw1.0 PCI WLAN.HK.2.7.0.1-01744-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49930 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 0f26f2694403
	Fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 4dd732893bd3
	Fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 73e235728e51
	Fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 7a552bc2f3ef
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 6045ef5b4b00
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 01b77f5ee11c
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 69f253e46af9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49930
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/dp_rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f26f26944035ec67546a944f182cbad6577a9c0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4dd732893bd38cec51f887244314e2b47f0d658f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/73e235728e515faccc104b0153b47d0f263b3344
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a552bc2f3efe2aaf77a85cb34cdf4a63d81a1a7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6045ef5b4b00fee3629689f791992900a1c94009
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/01b77f5ee11c89754fb836af8f76799d3b72ae2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69f253e46af98af17e3efa3e5dfa72fcb7d1983d