Subject: CVE-2024-49893: drm/amd/display: Check stream_status before it is used

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check stream_status before it is used

[WHAT & HOW]
dc_state_get_stream_status can return null, and therefore null must be
checked before stream_status is used.

This fixes 1 NULL_RETURNS issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49893 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 4914c8bfee18
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 58a8ee96f84d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49893
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4914c8bfee1843fae046a12970b6f178e6642659
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/58a8ee96f84d2c21abb85ad8c22d2bbdf59bd7a9