Subject: CVE-2024-49871: Input: adp5589-keys - fix NULL pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Input: adp5589-keys - fix NULL pointer dereference

We register a devm action to call adp5589_clear_config() and then pass
the i2c client as argument so that we can call i2c_get_clientdata() in
order to get our device object. However, i2c_set_clientdata() is only
being set at the end of the probe function which means that we'll get a
NULL pointer dereference in case the probe function fails early.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49871 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 4449fedb8a71
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 34e304cc53ae
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 7c3f04223aaf
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 9a38791ee79b
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 122b160561f6
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 30df385e35a4 and fixed in 6.12-rc2 with commit fb5cc65f9736

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49871
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/input/keyboard/adp5589-keys.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4449fedb8a710043fc0925409eba844c192d4337
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34e304cc53ae5d3c8e3f08b41dd11e0d4f3e01ed
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c3f04223aaf82489472d614c6decee5a1ce8d7f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a38791ee79bd17d225c15a6d1479448be127a59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/122b160561f6429701a0559a0f39b0ae309488c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fb5cc65f973661241e4a2b7390b429aa7b330c69