Subject: CVE-2024-47752: media: mediatek: vcodec: Fix H264 stateless decoder smatch warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: mediatek: vcodec: Fix H264 stateless decoder smatch warning

Fix a smatch static checker warning on vdec_h264_req_if.c.
Which leads to a kernel crash when fb is NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47752 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 06fa5f757dc5 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit c6b9f971b439
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 06fa5f757dc5 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 18181b0c1c5b
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 06fa5f757dc5 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit 790d1848fac5
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 06fa5f757dc5 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 7878d3a385ef

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47752
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/mediatek/vcodec/decoder/vdec/vdec_h264_req_if.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c6b9f971b43980de8893610f606d751131fb5d86
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/18181b0c1c5bd43846e5e0ae3d61a4a1adceab03
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/790d1848fac5ac3b1c474f66162598ab07a20c21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7878d3a385efab560dce793b595447867fb163f2