Subject: CVE-2024-46869: Bluetooth: btintel_pcie: Allocate memory for driver private data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: btintel_pcie: Allocate memory for driver private data

Fix driver not allocating memory for struct btintel_data which is used
to store internal data.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46869 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 6e65a09f9275 and fixed in 6.10.12 with commit fa9e1c1b1f38
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 6e65a09f9275 and fixed in 6.11.1 with commit 2b4545f08cc6
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 6e65a09f9275 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 7ffaa2002518

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46869
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/bluetooth/btintel_pcie.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa9e1c1b1f389a8e6d987ac6cb3e2ba04f8ec875
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2b4545f08cc68d2fc835f5c490b36e0264750030
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ffaa200251871980af12e57649ad57c70bf0f43