Subject: CVE-2024-46861: usbnet: ipheth: do not stop RX on failing RX callback

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usbnet: ipheth: do not stop RX on failing RX callback

RX callbacks can fail for multiple reasons:

* Payload too short
* Payload formatted incorrecly (e.g. bad NCM framing)
* Lack of memory

None of these should cause the driver to seize up.

Make such failures non-critical and continue processing further
incoming URBs.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46861 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.52 with commit 4d1cfa3afb86
	Fixed in 6.10.11 with commit 08ca800b0cd5
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 74efed51e0a4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46861
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/usb/ipheth.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d1cfa3afb8627435744ecdc6d8b58bc72ee0f4c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/08ca800b0cd56d5e26722f68b18bbbf6840bf44b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74efed51e0a4d62f998f806c307778b47fc73395