Subject: CVE-2024-46841: btrfs: don't BUG_ON on ENOMEM from btrfs_lookup_extent_info() in walk_down_proc()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

btrfs: don't BUG_ON on ENOMEM from btrfs_lookup_extent_info() in walk_down_proc()

We handle errors here properly, ENOMEM isn't fatal, return the error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46841 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 704c359b4093
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit a580fb2c3479

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46841
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/704c359b4093a2af650a20eaa030c435d7c30f91
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a580fb2c3479d993556e1c31b237c9e5be4944a3