Subject: CVE-2024-46827: wifi: ath12k: fix firmware crash due to invalid peer nss

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix firmware crash due to invalid peer nss

Currently, if the access point receives an association
request containing an Extended HE Capabilities Information
Element with an invalid MCS-NSS, it triggers a firmware
crash.

This issue arises when EHT-PHY capabilities shows support
for a bandwidth and MCS-NSS set for that particular
bandwidth is filled by zeros and due to this, driver obtains
peer_nss as 0 and sending this value to firmware causes
crash.

Address this issue by implementing a validation step for
the peer_nss value before passing it to the firmware. If
the value is greater than zero, proceed with forwarding
it to the firmware. However, if the value is invalid,
reject the association request to prevent potential
firmware crashes.

Tested-on: QCN9274 hw2.0 PCI WLAN.WBE.1.0.1-00029-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46827 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 838c2cfdb6be
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 25a15f80253a
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit db163a463bb9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46827
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/mac.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/838c2cfdb6be7d7d8c06c711edf893eb34ca2e7c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/25a15f80253a7c8776e4e4880d797d20ec864154
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db163a463bb93cd3e37e1e7b10b9726fb6f95857