Subject: CVE-2024-46825: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: use IWL_FW_CHECK for link ID check

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: use IWL_FW_CHECK for link ID check

The lookup function iwl_mvm_rcu_fw_link_id_to_link_conf() is
normally called with input from the firmware, so it should use
IWL_FW_CHECK() instead of WARN_ON().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46825 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 415f3634d53c
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 3cca098c9139
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 9215152677d4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46825
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mvm.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/415f3634d53c7fb4cf07d2f5a0be7f2e15e6da33
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3cca098c91391b3fa48142bfda57048b985c87f6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9215152677d4b321801a92b06f6d5248b2b4465f