Subject: CVE-2024-46823: kunit/overflow: Fix UB in overflow_allocation_test

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

kunit/overflow: Fix UB in overflow_allocation_test

The 'device_name' array doesn't exist out of the
'overflow_allocation_test' function scope. However, it is being used as
a driver name when calling 'kunit_driver_create' from
'kunit_device_register'. It produces the kernel panic with KASAN
enabled.

Since this variable is used in one place only, remove it and pass the
device name into kunit_device_register directly as an ascii string.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46823 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit d1207f07decc
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 92e9bac18124

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46823
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	lib/overflow_kunit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d1207f07decc66546a7fa463d2f335a856c986ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/92e9bac18124682c4b99ede9ee3bcdd68f121e92