Subject: CVE-2024-46812: drm/amd/display: Skip inactive planes within ModeSupportAndSystemConfiguration

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Skip inactive planes within ModeSupportAndSystemConfiguration

[Why]
Coverity reports Memory - illegal accesses.

[How]
Skip inactive planes.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46812 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit 3300a039caf8
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 8406158a5464
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit ee9d6df6d917
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit a54f7e866cc7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46812
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/display_mode_vba.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3300a039caf850376bc3416c808cd8879da412bb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8406158a546441b73f0b216aedacbf9a1e5748fb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ee9d6df6d9172917d9ddbd948bb882652d5ecd29
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a54f7e866cc73a4cb71b8b24bb568ba35c8969df