Subject: CVE-2024-46811: drm/amd/display: Fix index may exceed array range within fpu_update_bw_bounding_box

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix index may exceed array range within fpu_update_bw_bounding_box

[Why]
Coverity reports OVERRUN warning. soc.num_states could
be 40. But array range of bw_params->clk_table.entries is 8.

[How]
Assert if soc.num_states greater than 8.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46811 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 4003bac78438
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit aba188d6f4eb
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 188fd1616ec4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46811
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn302/dcn302_fpu.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn303/dcn303_fpu.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn32/dcn32_fpu.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/dcn321/dcn321_fpu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4003bac784380fed1f94f197350567eaa73a409d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aba188d6f4ebaf52acf13f204db2bd2c22072504
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/188fd1616ec43033cedbe343b6579e9921e2d898