Subject: CVE-2024-46803: drm/amdkfd: Check debug trap enable before write dbg_ev_file

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: Check debug trap enable before write dbg_ev_file

In interrupt context, write dbg_ev_file will be run by work queue. It
will cause write dbg_ev_file execution after debug_trap_disable, which
will cause NULL pointer access.
v2: cancel work "debug_event_workarea" before set dbg_ev_file as NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46803 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit e6ea3b8fe398
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 820dcbd38a77
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 547033b59306

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46803
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_debug.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6ea3b8fe398915338147fe54dd2db8155fdafd8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/820dcbd38a77bd5fdc4236d521c1c122841227d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/547033b593063eb85bfdf9b25a5f1b8fd1911be2