Subject: CVE-2024-46802: drm/amd/display: added NULL check at start of dc_validate_stream

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: added NULL check at start of dc_validate_stream

[Why]
prevent invalid memory access

[How]
check if dc and stream are NULL

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46802 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit 356fcce9cdbf
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 154a50bf4221
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 6bf920193ba1
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 26c56049cc4f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46802
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/356fcce9cdbfe338a275e9e1836adfdd7f5c52a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/154a50bf4221a6a6ccf88d565b8184da7c40a2dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6bf920193ba1853bad780bba565a789246d9003c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/26c56049cc4f1705b498df013949427692a4b0d5