Subject: CVE-2024-46751: btrfs: don't BUG_ON() when 0 reference count at btrfs_lookup_extent_info()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

btrfs: don't BUG_ON() when 0 reference count at btrfs_lookup_extent_info()

Instead of doing a BUG_ON() handle the error by returning -EUCLEAN,
aborting the transaction and logging an error message.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46751 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit ef9a8b73c8b6
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 28cb13f29faf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46751
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef9a8b73c8b60b27d9db4787e624a3438ffe8428
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/28cb13f29faf6290597b24b728dc3100c019356f