Subject: CVE-2024-46732: drm/amd/display: Assign linear_pitch_alignment even for VM

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Assign linear_pitch_alignment even for VM

[Description]
Assign linear_pitch_alignment so we don't cause a divide by 0
error in VM environments

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46732 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 4bd7710f2fec
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit d219f902b16d
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit d2fe7ac613a1
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit c44b568931d2
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 984debc133ef

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46732
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4bd7710f2fecfc5fb2dda1ca2adc69db8a66b8b6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d219f902b16d42f0cb8c499ea8f31cf3c0f36349
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2fe7ac613a1ea8c346c9f5c89dc6ecc27232997
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c44b568931d23aed9d37ecbb31fb5fbdd198bf7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/984debc133efa05e62f5aa1a7a1dd8ca0ef041f4