Subject: CVE-2024-46675: usb: dwc3: core: Prevent USB core invalid event buffer address access

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: dwc3: core: Prevent USB core invalid event buffer address access

This commit addresses an issue where the USB core could access an
invalid event buffer address during runtime suspend, potentially causing
SMMU faults and other memory issues in Exynos platforms. The problem
arises from the following sequence.
        1. In dwc3_gadget_suspend, there is a chance of a timeout when
        moving the USB core to the halt state after clearing the
        run/stop bit by software.
        2. In dwc3_core_exit, the event buffer is cleared regardless of
        the USB core's status, which may lead to an SMMU faults and
        other memory issues. if the USB core tries to access the event
        buffer address.

To prevent this hardware quirk on Exynos platforms, this commit ensures
that the event buffer address is not cleared by software  when the USB
core is active during runtime suspend by checking its status before
clearing the buffer address.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46675 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.321 with commit eca3f543f817
	Fixed in 5.4.283 with commit d2afc2bffec7
	Fixed in 5.10.225 with commit b72da4d89b97
	Fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 111277b881de
	Fixed in 6.1.108 with commit 2189fd13c577
	Fixed in 6.6.49 with commit 7bb11a75dd4d
	Fixed in 6.10.8 with commit e23f6ad8d110
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 14e497183df2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46675
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/dwc3/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eca3f543f817da87c00d1a5697b473efb548204f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2afc2bffec77316b90d530b07695e3f534df914
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b72da4d89b97da71e056cc4d1429b2bc426a9c2f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/111277b881def3153335acfe0d1f43e6cd83ac93
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2189fd13c577d7881f94affc09c950a795064c4b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7bb11a75dd4d3612378b90e2a4aa49bdccea28ab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e23f6ad8d110bf632f7471482e10b43dc174fb72
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14e497183df28c006603cc67fd3797a537eef7b9