Subject: CVE-2024-45014: s390/boot: Avoid possible physmem_info segment corruption

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

s390/boot: Avoid possible physmem_info segment corruption

When physical memory for the kernel image is allocated it does not
consider extra memory required for offsetting the image start to
match it with the lower 20 bits of KASLR virtual base address. That
might lead to kernel access beyond its memory range.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45014 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 693d41f7c938 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit a944cba5d576
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 693d41f7c938 and fixed in 6.11 with commit d7fd2941ae9a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45014
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/s390/boot/startup.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a944cba5d57687b747023c3bc074fcf9c790f7df
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7fd2941ae9a67423d1c7bee985f240e4686634f