Subject: CVE-2024-45001: net: mana: Fix RX buf alloc_size alignment and atomic op panic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: mana: Fix RX buf alloc_size alignment and atomic op panic

The MANA driver's RX buffer alloc_size is passed into napi_build_skb() to
create SKB. skb_shinfo(skb) is located at the end of skb, and its alignment
is affected by the alloc_size passed into napi_build_skb(). The size needs
to be aligned properly for better performance and atomic operations.
Otherwise, on ARM64 CPU, for certain MTU settings like 4000, atomic
operations may panic on the skb_shinfo(skb)->dataref due to alignment fault.

To fix this bug, add proper alignment to the alloc_size calculation.

Sample panic info:
[  253.298819] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffff000129ba5cce
[  253.300900] Mem abort info:
[  253.301760]   ESR = 0x0000000096000021
[  253.302825]   EC = 0x25: DABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits
[  253.304268]   SET = 0, FnV = 0
[  253.305172]   EA = 0, S1PTW = 0
[  253.306103]   FSC = 0x21: alignment fault
Call trace:
 __skb_clone+0xfc/0x198
 skb_clone+0x78/0xe0
 raw6_local_deliver+0xfc/0x228
 ip6_protocol_deliver_rcu+0x80/0x500
 ip6_input_finish+0x48/0x80
 ip6_input+0x48/0xc0
 ip6_sublist_rcv_finish+0x50/0x78
 ip6_sublist_rcv+0x1cc/0x2b8
 ipv6_list_rcv+0x100/0x150
 __netif_receive_skb_list_core+0x180/0x220
 netif_receive_skb_list_internal+0x198/0x2a8
 __napi_poll+0x138/0x250
 net_rx_action+0x148/0x330
 handle_softirqs+0x12c/0x3a0

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45001 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 80f6215b450e and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 65f20b174ec0
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 80f6215b450e and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit e6bea6a45f8a
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 80f6215b450e and fixed in 6.11 with commit 32316f676b4e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45001
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65f20b174ec0172f2d6bcfd8533ab9c9e7e347fa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6bea6a45f8a401f3d5a430bc81814f0cc8848cf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/32316f676b4ee87c0404d333d248ccf777f739bc