Subject: CVE-2024-44967: drm/mgag200: Bind I2C lifetime to DRM device

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/mgag200: Bind I2C lifetime to DRM device

Managed cleanup with devm_add_action_or_reset() will release the I2C
adapter when the underlying Linux device goes away. But the connector
still refers to it, so this cleanup leaves behind a stale pointer
in struct drm_connector.ddc.

Bind the lifetime of the I2C adapter to the connector's lifetime by
using DRM's managed release. When the DRM device goes away (after
the Linux device) DRM will first clean up the connector and then
clean up the I2C adapter.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44967 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit b279df242972 and fixed in 6.1.105 with commit 55a6916db771
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit b279df242972 and fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 81d34df84362
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit b279df242972 and fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 9d96b91e03cb
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit b279df242972 and fixed in 6.11 with commit eb1ae34e48a0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44967
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/mgag200/mgag200_i2c.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/55a6916db77102765b22855d3a0add4751988b7c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81d34df843620e902dd04aa9205c875833d61c17
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d96b91e03cba9dfcb4ac370c93af4dbc47d5191
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eb1ae34e48a09b7a1179c579aed042b032e408f4